Call for Presentations
Second, more specific Call for Presentations open until 8 March!
We were positively overwhelmed by the amount and quality of the submitted sessions proposals during the first Call for Presentations! Check out some of the already confirmed expert speakers from renowned NGOs, leading consulting agencies and significant institutions in the fundraising domain.
But as promised, now we are happy to issue the second, more specific Call for Presentations focusing on contributions around the key themes “Innovation and Technology” and “Recruitment and Team Motivation”.
You have a fantastic idea for a session but it doesn’t fit into these two key themes? Don’t worry, we still want to hear from you! Play the wild card and just submit in the category “General Topics and Strategy”.
We would especially appreciate session proposals embedded in the specific contexts of emerging or unsaturated markets (Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, South America, etc.) as well as general market overviews/PESTLE analyses in these markets.
Innovation and Technology
Are you a tech guru, computer whiz, digital native or gadget head and passionate about smart technologies that support face2face fundraising? Or have you experimented with innovative solutions like apps, VR experiences, AI or novel payment systems in your organization’s face2face programs? Then we want to hear from you!
Systematic innovation and improved technology is needed to manage and control the sign-up process and its full integration with and complex back office management processes and long-term donor stewardship. Within this section we will address and share the pros and cons of the latest smart technologies in the market and those in development. Showcase how your organisation and technology partners are responding to the various challenges, be they related to banking systems, quality control or analysis and reporting; share the specific apps used for sign-up processes, fundraiser motivation, storytelling and use of using virtual reality and other immersive experiences; examples of facilitating and controlling payments; performance analysis and big data, artificial intelligence etc are the keywords in this section.
Recruitment and Team Motivation
Are you a people pleaser, morale booster, talent finder, vibe manager and champion of change and want to share your strategies for recruiting, training and retaining talent for face2face programs? Share your experiences, successes and failures of the complex but crucial HR issues in F2F with us!
The quality of the recruiters, team leaders and co-ordinators is crucial for successful F2F programs, not only regarding the number of supporters, average donation and retention rates, but also the side-impacts on the public image or acceptance and valuing of F2F with non-profit organisations. Share your experiences and best practice case studies as well as the failures with this complex but vital and high level human resource management issue. We ask you to submit your idea around the following sub-topics:
- Different paths in recruitment strategies: Bring your case studies on your innovative recruitment model or show how your organisation goes about facing recruitment challenges
- Integrated F2F/online recruitment strategies: working with Google AdWords and other digital media
- Cross recruitment experiences
- Recruitment & education; train the trainer concepts, what works and what has failed?
- Key aspects of team motivation and retention, model case studies
- Soft skills development and training; psychology of fundraisers
- Human resources strategies, career development and personnel management, codes of professional conduct etc. in general
General Topics and Strategy
You have an interesting topic in mind that is burning under your nails but it doesn’t fit in the two categories above? We are still all ears for your ideas! Play the wild card and show us what kind of session should not be missing at the first International Face2Face Fundraising Congress!
As outlined above we invite you to submit your special ideas or topics, again we address some key issues here you might consider to present or discuss on:
- What is the PESTLE for face to face fundraising now and in the next 5 years (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal, Environmental) context that it operates in and as it evolves what does that mean for us?
- How to set up a new programme and structure it
- In-house or agency, both or hybrid? What about combined programmes between In-house team and agency team? Underlying strategies? Pros and cons of different approaches
- Challenges and opportunities of in-house programs
- Challenges in establishing F2F emerging markets
- Core qualities of F2F programs, KPIs & benchmarks
- The relevance of clothing/uniforms/staging/props etc.
All session proposals will be assessed by our Program Committee, consisting of leading international experts in fundraising and f2f fundraising. Speakers who are invited to hold a session will not only benefit from the opportunity to connect and engage with international delegations from organizations such as Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), SOS Children’s Villages, UNHCR or WWF International, but will also receive a free ticket for the entire congress including accommodation in Vienna.
How to apply
- Download the submission form for session proposals, containing more detailed information around the submission process
- Fill out the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “F2F Congress Session Proposal”
- If the Program Committee accepts the submitted contribution the speaker will be asked to submit a full proposal within a given time.
- Deadline for proposal submissions: March 8th 2020
- Decision on proposals: on a rolling basis, but by May 1st 2020 at the latest.
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.