First confirmed speakers:
Dr. Adrian Sargeant (UK)
Chief Executive of The Philanthropy Centre
Call for presentations
We invite practitioners and academics in philanthropic contexts to submit a short summary (application form below) outline on the issue they want to talk about or hold a workshop on. If the conference committee accepts the submitted contribution the speaker will be invited to submit a full proposal within a given time. Although all contributions are appreciated, the conference committee asks you kindly to fit into the conference theme focusing on the following headline topics:
Ethical Standards & Self-Regulation
Ethical standards and self-regulation initiatives have been early developments within the F2F world. Within this section we want to understand the landscape within which the tool of F2F is embedded, such as; how can it impact upon the acceptance, influence and image of the sector and of fundraising within a non-profit organization?; Pricing policies and practice versus quality management and delivery; Price models/cost per donor – what is the right price to pay for what quality donor? Furthermore are we interested to understand about the mechanisms of self-regulation, especially in emerging markets. Market saturation leads to various ways how capacity and/ or location management is or can be regulated; share your case studies how you in your country/region/organisation deal with quality initiatives (quality standards), advocacy and joint initiative(s) of self-regulation.
Innovation & Technology
Systematic innovation and improved technology is needed to manage and control the sign-up process and its full integration with and complex back office management processes and long-term donor stewardship. Within this section we will address and share the pros and cons of the latest smart technologies in the market and those in development. Showcase how your organisation and technology partners are responding to the various challenges, be they related to banking systems, quality control or analysis and reporting; share the specific apps used for sign-up processes, fundraiser motivation, storytelling and use of using virtual reality and other immersive experiences; examples of facilitating and controlling payments; performance analysis and big data, artificial intelligence etc are the keywords in this section.
Donor Journey: Open up to other strategies and how they interact
“A Donor Journey is a series of communications with donors that follow the logical evolution in the relationship between the organisation and the donor. The Donor Journey inspires and delights donors. In this way, their connection with the organisation should be strengthened and donations should be increased in the long term.“
Definition by https://blog.raisenow.com/en/what-is-a-donor-journey/
Within this topic we ask you to showcases of interaction with potential donors and/or new adaptions or even new ways to approach on street, we want to understand your designed donor journey and/or how integrated fundraising (F2F working other fundraising tools such as SMS, telephone, WhatsApp, Instagram etc.) is handled in your organisation; what do you undertake to systematically retain and develop the lifetime value of your face to face recruited donors.
Recruitment & Team Motivation
The quality of the recruiters, team leaders and co-ordinators is crucial for successful F2F programs, not only regarding the number of supporters, average donation and retention rates, but also the side-impacts on the public image or acceptance and valuing of F2F with non-profit organisations. Share your experiences and best practice case studies as well as the failures with this complex but vital and high level human resource management issue. We ask you to submit your idea around the following sub-topics:
- Different paths in recruitment strategies: Bring your case studies on your innovative recruitment model or show how your organisation goes about facing recruitment challenges
- Integrated F2F/online recruitment strategies: working with Google AdWords and other digital media
- Cross recruitment experiences
- Recruitment & education; train the trainer concepts, what works and what has failed?
- Key aspects of team motivation and retention, model case studies
- Soft skills development and training; psychology of fundraisers
- Human resources strategies, career development and personnel management, codes of professional conduct etc. in general
As outlined above we invite you to submit your special ideas or topics, again we address some key issues here you might consider to present or discuss on:
- What is the PESTLE for face to face fundraising now and in the next 5 years (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal, Environmental) context that it operates in and as it evolves what does that mean for us?
- How to set up a new programme and structure it
- In-house or agency, both or hybrid? What about combined programmes between In-house team and agency team? Underlying strategies? Pros and cons of different approaches
- Challenges and opportunities of in-house programs
- Challenges in establishing F2F emerging markets
- Core qualities of F2F programs, KPIs & benchmarks
- The relevance of clothing/uniforms/staging/props etc.
As in society also the F2F fundraising word there are abroad range of urgent sustainability challenges, in particular, how to create “sustainable business models” – and the contribution to ecological/ social/economic value creation – will be of high relevance. We are looking for future-fit F2F business models within the community to foster innovative transitions. You are invited to send in your case studies and/or ideas for a series of discussion panels in front of a highly competent audience.
Further timeline – Process
- First proposal deadline: Jan 24th 2020
- Decision on proposals: continuously, but by March 31st, 2020 at the latest
- The program committee of the First International Fundraising Congress decides and evaluates the proposals together with the project manager. The members are:
- Daryl Upsall, Daryl Upsall Consulting International
- Günther Lutschinger, Fundraising Association Austria (host)
- Franz Wissmann, Dialog Direct
- Harald Maier, SOS Childrens Villages International
- Gosse Bosma, European Fundraising Association
- Daniel McDonnell, Unicef International
- Reinhard Schlossnagel, Formunauts
- Roland Csaki, WWF International
- Elsbeth de Ridder, Save the Children International
- Jacob Møllemose, Agency Scandinavia
- Jean-Paul Kogan-Recoing, AMRAC
If you have any questions, please contact Peter Steinmayer
(Head of Face2Face Congress, firstname.lastname@example.org, +43 1 276 52 98-12).
Sign up for the newsletter
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.